Link to Current EAI Online Magazine. Read on …
Meet at ArtMart: Mark Witzling Cold Wax Demo
Open meeting! Non-members welcome.
Come watch Mark Witzling give a demonstration of how he uses cold wax and oil paint to create his beautiful abstract paintings. See Mark’s work online: http://www.markwitzlingart.com/
There will be an opportunity to participate. Some oil paints and cold wax medium will be available to use. You may also bring your to use. Please either bring or buy a small canvas or board at ArtMart to paint on. (There is no fee.)
Cold wax medium is used with oil paint, so bring wax paper, or something to carefully wrap your piece to take home with you.
For more information email Lisa at email@example.com
Sunday, January 13, 2013
2:30 PM – 4:30 PM
2355 South Hanley Road, Saint Louis, MO
WaxCentric MeetUp: http://www.meetup.com/WaxCentric/
(Membership is free! Meetings average 1 time per month.)
Blog articles written about the 6th International Encaustic Conference. Provincetown, MA. 2012
- 6th International Encaustic Conference site. Look for the links in the right hand column under the heading “Conference Posts by Conferees.”
- “The Medium is not the Message” by Maritza Ruiz-Kim. This was the most common theme in all presentations. We are reminded that the materials and tools that we work with are not the “content.” The medium facilitates the ideas from our thoughts, through our hands into the physical world.
- “Encaustic Conference” by Jane Davies
- Video of opening at Kobalt Gallery, by Mo Godbeer. One of 15 exhibits that showed the works of encaustic artists.
- “Provincetown 2012” by Kristo Svalbonas.
7th International Encaustic Conference
Keynote Speaker: Barbara O’Brien
May 31-June 2, 2012.
Pre-Conference Workshops: May 28-30
Post Conference Workshops: June 3-5
Get a head start on information: http://encausticconference.blogspot.com/
Encaustic Arts Online Magazine (PDF)
Download the magazine (PDF) : the current issue of the EAI’s online magazine. Always a good read.
Do you have ideas? Resources? Work to show? Let me know in a comment!