16 WaxCentric members will be exhibiting original fine art November 2-30, at the Lillian Yahn Gallery, St. Charles County Arts Council, O’Fallon, MO. There will be a public reception on Saturday November 30, 5-7pm. Come meet the artists!
Artists in this exhibit:
- Michael Albers
- Laurie Blakely
- Michael Corson
- Julie Dubrovillet
- Sheri Goldsmith
- Jessica Hankins
- Stacy Krieg
- Cathryne Loos
- Noemi Oyarzabal
- Rachel Santel
- Lisa Sisley-Blinn
- Laura Skroska
- Stella Spalt
- Janet Frazee Wade
- Linda Wein
- Mark Witzling
For more information regarding the exhibit, please contact Lisa, email@example.com
Happy October! Time for tricks and treats.
Trick: No October meeting due to presenter canceling. First time in our WC history, but it is not a bad thing to have more time to work on your art!
Treats: Opportunities to take advantage of yet this month. Consider this a “mobile” meeting, much like door to door trick-or-treating. Bags open now:
The deadline for uploading images for the WaxCentric exhibit at the St. Charles County Arts Council is today. Upload images and information to either of these locations, whichever is easier: http://www.meetup.com/WaxCentric/photos/17659142/, or, http://www.meetup.com/WaxCentric/files/. A copy of the exhibit application, CFA9-30-13 is here: http://files.meetup.com/3454072/CFA9-30-13.docx. If you need help, email me: Lisa, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submit up to 6 images.
- October 1-21. Online image submission
- If you cannot come on Saturday, November 2, drop off work with Julie S. at her studio this week on Monday and Friday from 10-4. Call first. I will pick work up from her and hang it for you.
- November 2. Saturday, 10am-1pm. Hang exhibit (bring a hammer)
- November 30. Closing Reception 5-7pm, take down exhibit
- Entry fee: $15.00. Bring Nov. 2 with exhibit application.
- SCCAC will handle all sales with a 20% commission.
- Art submissions must use some form of wax either in the process of creation, or in the final piece (encaustic, cold wax, crayon, …)
**See the application for all details: http://files.meetup.com/3454072/CFA9-30-13.docx
1. Things to do:
- VLAA. 2 more workshops in the current Business Edge series: “MARKETING BASICS & PROFESSIONAL PRESENTATION Monday, Oct. 28 (7:00 to 9:30 p.m.)”, and, “YOUR ART, YOUR BRAND: AN ARTIST’S GUIDE TO BEING NOTICEABLE AND GETTING NOTICED Monday, Nov. 11 (7:00 to 9:30 p.m.).” $10 each in advance; $15 at the door. Info and registration form here: http://vlaa.org/?view=Workshops
- News from Nikki D. May in Paducah: “Crystal Neubauer, an awesome artist from Chicago, is going to be in Paducah November 8 and 9th doing a two day encaustic and collage workshop. She’s worth a trip from STL!!” https://ephemerapaducah.worldsecuresystems.com/BookingRetrieve.aspx?ID=17786
3. CFA (call for art):
4. Articles on WC blog: https://waxcentric.wordpress.com/
5. Other Blogs:
6. Recent news:
Looking forward to seeing everyone on Nov. 2 to hang work at SCCAC, and on Nov. 30. Closing Reception 5-7pm, take down exhibit.